Thursday, March 31, 2011

ReFunked Junk!!!

There's nothing us "Nest" gals love more than finding and re- purposing old unloved junk!  Hannah turned this tired dated cabinet into a FAbuLOuS shabby kitchen island~LOVE!

 I've been using these reclaimed fence boards for months now, this time as sweet vintage storybook plaques...
 Mr. Nest took the legs off of a thrift store table and made a new top for this now stunning farmhouse table..
 I've been creating some vintage style artwork with a bunch of old, dated frames I bought at auction a few weeks ago~cute now though, right!

 *To die for *old chippy garden angel~


 Old forgotten medicine bottles all prettied up..
 Hey, we even have cute stuff in our loo, (potty room)

 Debbie brought in these lovely vintage garment bags*check out the gorgeous rose fabric*
 I'm introducing a new color palette this week~I mixed up some old paint and came up with what I'm calling "French Blue"~it's a lovely blue/gray mix and I LOVE it!  Here is a vintage metal full size bed with springs and all~just need a mattress~$125
 This chair got some "French Blue" & burlap coffee sack love*
 I wish I would have taken a picture of these French Provincial tables before they got their makeover*someone clearly had a candle wax issue*, but after some love (scraping, bleaching, priming, painting and glazing) they are a stunning pair~might just end up in my living room if they don't sell quickly :}

That's all the pics I have for this week~Hope to see YOU soon! Have a beautiful SUNNY weekend and NEVER pass up a good piece of junk that just needs a little love...our landfills will thank you :)               (how many times can you say love in a post???)